Title: Safe Winter Walking (Entering Buildings)
- Wipe your shoes on mats
- Watch for melted snow and ice
- Remove traction cleats when entering a building
Title: Safe Winter Walking (Exiting Vehicle)
- Maintain three points of contact when stepping out of higher vehicles (trucks, SUVs, etc.)
- Use the vehicle for support
- Do not grab objects as you are exiting - Exit vehicle then retrieve items
Title: Safe Winter Walking (Steps)
- Wear proper footwear
- Maintain your center of balance
- Take steps slowly
- Use hand rails
- Avoid talking on cell phones
Title: When it's HOT...
- ACCLIMATE. Increase exposure and workload gradually.
- APPROPRIATE CLOTHING. Light, loose clothing.
- HYDRATION. Drink 6-8 ounces water before working in heat and 8 ounces every 20 minutes.
- ADEQUATE REST PERIODS. Work at a steady pace. Take breaks in a cooler or shady area if possible.
- JOB ROTATION. When possible, rotate tasks between two or more employees.
- EDUCATION. Know how heat stress manifests and proper actions to take for each.
Water is Essential!